13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Friday, March 7, 2008

Dallin's week 4 email

Dear Family,

Things are still going pretty good here. I can't believe that I am almost at the half way
mark! About 12 elders in our zone left this morning to go to Argentina--it's weird to
think that I will be the one leaving soon.
That is really cool about Zach's chemistry video. I can't wait to watch it when I get home
(and every other movie that you guys will probably make while I'm gone).
Anyways...Mom...so you say you details about the MTC huh.? Well, the days pretty much
blend together b/c they are all pretty much exactly the same. Once every week we go the
the TRC where we teach volunteers who are acting like an investigator. We get to practice
introducing ourselves and getting to know them in spanish and then we teach the lesson in
english. The first 2 weeks we taught the first lesson in english and last week and this
week we are teaching the 2nd lesson in english. Starting next week though, we are going to
be teaching all in spanish. Two weeks each of both lesson 1 and 2 again...just in spanish
this time. I'll let you know how it goes.
Another neat thing that we get to do here is working at the RC (Referral Center). We
basically go and take calls from people. We answer any questions they might have about the
church. We also take the calls for people that want to order a Book of Mormon or a Bible
or a church video. Every once in a while when the phones aren't that busy with people
calling, we make calls to people that have ordered something recently to make sure that
they recieved what they asked for. We even get to do live chats with people who have
questions also. The TRC is great but the RC is probably the best practice we have with
sharing the gospel in a real situation. It really helps to get us all over the fear of
talking to someone we don't know about the church. It is kind of funny b/c last week I
called a man from NJ to make sure that he recieved the copy of the Book of Mormon that he
ordered. He was an ex-Deacon and so he knew alot about the bible. We talked for over an
hour! I taught him about the Joseph Smith and told him the story of the First Vision and
talked about the Restoration mostly. It was a really neat experience. For matt and zach,
when you come to the MTC, the RC and the TRC are definetly something to look forward too.
That is all the really big news that I have. I hope you all have an amazing week! I'm
looking forward to talking again next week! I love you!

Love,
Elder Page

P.S. Someone sent me some choclate chip cookies this past week and I'm not sure how it was
but they were AMAZING. Anyways, the next time you want to send me some kind of food
package (although the sweet treats are great) if you could send me some healthier snacks
that would be perfect. I eat unhealthy enough in the cafeteria so it's better if my snacks
are a little healthier. I love you. Thanks.
(Goldfish, wheat thins, granola bars, etc.--you know what I like)
Don't feel like you have to send something...really...but if you want to, just keep it
healthy. Love you!

No comments:

Blog Archive