13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, March 10, 2008

Dallin week 5

Dear Family,
I don't know if you realize but I only have less than a month left before I will be flying
out to Anahiem. That is very scary in some ways but hopefully all of the excitement of
actually being able to be in the field will override any of my fears.
This past week was pretty huge for a lot of reasons. The first being that last Tuesday
(the night of the weekly MTC Devotional where we get to here from a general authority) we
were priviliged to hear from the one and only...Elder Jeffery R. Holland! He gave an
amazing talk and just like himself he was funny and laid back one minute and then the
next he was laying down the law in his firm voice (at one point while telling us
"never to go home with a regret" he hit the pulpet and almost broke the
microphone). Of course I have almos 3 pages of notes from his talk but I'll just share a
couple of my favorite things since I don't have forever...
"Live true to the prayers of the millions that are praying for you."
"Be the missionary that your Mother, Father, and brothers and sisters imagine you to
be."
"Stand as a witness of Jesus Christ, stand in defense of truth, defiently if
necessary, and always lovingly. Do not abandon Him! When things are rough and times are
tough, stay true! Plant your feet and fly the flag. Be defenders of the faith!"
I know that it is not quite the same feelings when are reading them than when you are
actually listening the a prohet of the Lord speak to you but just try to imagine Elder
Holland saying that. He bore such a powerful witness of this work and that it is
undeniably the Lords work (Moses 1:39). I know that what I am doing right now by serving a
mission is but a small service to repay that which the Lord has done for me. The blessings
in my life are endless and I am so grateful for them all. My love for my Savior Jesus
Christ is something that I can't explain. I know that He died for me and suffered for my
sins that through Him I may be forgiven and be made clean. I know that loves me and I know
that He loves each of us. His Atonement, both His suffering in Gethsemane and on the
cross, are an undeniable manifestation of His endless and unconditional love for each and
every one of us. I know that we have a prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S.
Monson. I know that he is mouthpiece by which the Christ leads His gospel. I know that
this is Christ's church and that the message that I carry is of His gospel. I'm grateful
carry that message and to bear the name of Jesus chist on my name tag. I pray I can always
be worthy of it.
En el nombre de Jesucristo amen.

No comments:

Blog Archive