13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, May 2, 2016

D&C 4:2...

So, I made a list of things I wanted to email home about this week, because as the week went on amazing things just kept happening. Miracles big and small I was able to witness this week.


To start off I just want to say I Love Being back on the west side of Long Beach. We cover everything from the ghetto down to ocean which is like the nicest spot in the mission. I few things that I've missed while being on the east was one, just being able to talk to people and have them actually except you and listen to what you have to say. People are so humble here, and just ready to receive the gospel. I also miss having to look over my shoulder every few seconds while we're walking through dark alleys. But most of all I think I've missed the south st building! Its the building the Virginia ward met in (my baby area) We have district meetings there! It was so weird to be back after almost two years! I've also had the chance to have dinner with a couple of members from the 4th ward because we get rides from the 4th ward elders and the other night we didn't have a dinner so we ate at a families house that I had eaten at back in my days of the 4th ward. The Lord is just too good, to allow me to come back to the areas where I made so many memories and had so many spiritual experiences. I am excited and ready to allow the Lord to use me however I am needed here in the 1st ward.


Elder Poirier and I have already had so many good things happen this week. I have taught more this week than I have in a while. It has felt so good to just get a fresh start work with new people. I did want to say though that I realized this week how much I really do love the Woodruff ward and the work that was done there, because I have been praying for not only those here in this area now but still for Elder Phunsaeng and the people we were working with together. Its helped me see that this work is beyond just me and other missionaries. It's the Lord's work and it keeps on even after we are gone. It is the greatest work ever to be done!


So to finish I just want to tell y'all about Refujio and Jessica, they are a couple that have been worked with for the last transfer and this past week. Jessica got baptized Saturday and Refujio has been a life long member but for the past 20 years was inactive. The missionaries found him one day while walking by his house. He at the time was on drugs, and just not in a good place, but he expressed to them that he has been praying for a way to come back. 7 weeks later after being on any and every drug you can think of and after being at his lowest with a wife and a young son Evan he is now 100% clean and sober. Since that day Refujio has been good. He is living the word of wisdom entirely and Jessica has seen this change in him and now that she is a member they are growing together spiritually with a goal to be sealed in the temple. We had the chance to take them to the LA visitors center yesterday. I don't really have words to describe what kind of an experience it was, but it was Sweet! I'll just say that. We were all in tears by the end of the tour.


I know that change is possible no matter where we are in that process. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is for each of us personally and individually to help us grow and become. I Love My Mission right now. I love these people. I love my companion (who is teaching me some french) and I just want to say thank you to my family who has been there supporting me from day one. For those of you who have loved me and helped me be my best. I hope this email wasn't too long. I just had a lot to say. Cant wait to skype on Mothers day!!! I'll give y'all the details and go from there.
Until then. Godspeed!



Love, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive