13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Woodruff Ward for Life...

So It is official, Elder Phunsaeng and I are staying together for another transfer here in the Woodruff Ward!!! This transfer also happens to be the one 7 week transfer of the year so we're getting a 1 week bonus. After this transfer I will have been here in this area for 9 Months!!

This is crazy, almost half of my mission here. Of all the wards and areas for this to happen though, I got lucky, this ward truly has become home. I think the bishop really is considering a calling for me. Its funny how people that used to treat me like a missionary, now treat me like there own kid or grandchild, its the best! I've never been so spoiled in my life. It feels good to have looked back on these past 7 months here and think of the people that I've been able to help, and all of the love and support that people have given to me, companions included. The Lord really has blessed me here, in numerous ways. Also the ways that I Know I have personally been able to change and grow. These are times that I 'trade for anything, and I know that's the ultimate cliche but I mean that, there's nothing anyone could offer me for the memories 'made here, the spiritual experiences I've had with my companions and Investigators, the laughs I've shared with members, and the many nights that I've been able to go to bed tired, satisfied with what was done during the day. All of these things are Priceless!

For recent news, Daleen is doing great! she was at church yesterday and the bishop extended a calling to her, she didn't accept it, haha (This is only funny if you really know Daleen), but she did say she would love to work with the primary especially because 'where a lot of the members she knows are. So the bishop understood and is now thinking of a responsibility she could hold in Primary. She is now trying to get her parents to come to church with her, its been so good to see her do things to share her testimony and share the gospel with those around her.

Norma, the Syrian woman that we've been teaching is doing well too, although she is going to be going back to Syria for the next couple months, and then coming back. She said she wanted to check out the church there, so we looked up chapels on the church website, we don't have buildings in Syria, but in Lebanon the church is pretty established, so she said that while she is back over there she will try and go to church at least once there! Its amazing to see people just except the gospel with open arms, for no other reason that because they know that its something good and they feel the spirit because of it. That is how simply beautiful it is and how beautifully simple it is as well.

Its hard to except the fact that my mission is coming to an end pretty soon here. Its the weirdest thing, its like I'm starting to wake up from a dream, but its a really good dream so I'm doing everything I can to stay asleep. I have Loved my mission and I am excited to see what these next three transfers hold. I know that the Lord has important work for me to do and I know that Elder Phunsaeng and I are meant to be with each other for the next 7 weeks. Thank You all for your Prayers, Love, Support, and Concern for me. I know these are things people just say at the end of emails, but I really do mean it. It makes all the difference. So Thank You! Until Next Week.
Love, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive