13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, March 22, 2016

20 years old and wiser too...

Hey There Everybody,

This week has been one to remember. Looking back on it I just feel happy. It was a week of Good. I think a journal entry from the night of the 19th sums up this week pretty well, so here's a snippit from it...


"Today we had a specialized training on Change, and it is exactly what I need right now. As Im nearing the end of my mission I know I have changed in a lot of ways, but I also know that there are many areas where I can still improve and grow in, and so I just want to try my best to work, love others, forget myself, and allow the Lord to change me & better me for those that I Love and for those that I will come to Love. I am truly Grateful for the Savior, for personal and eternal progression, for the joy that coming closer to God brings. I am happy and I find satisfaction in helping others find that same happiness."


This week to put it simply has been one of positive growth and change. More so of just doing more of the things that strengthen me and looking at how they are strengthening me. I think personal evaluation is so important to change & growth because if we aren't seeing how we can improve or seeing how far we've come there is no real measure of our progression. I had a spiritual experience the other night while I was updating the area book. Updating the area book is not something that I have been very good at throughout my mission but after the trainings on change I made a promise that I would be better at it, so that night I went home and after we had already planned for a good half hour, I sat down for about another 45 minutes to an hour updating potential sheetes, teaching records, progress records, and then some. This wasn't something that I was looking forward to initially but as I did what needed to be done by the end the spirit fill me with the greatest sense of peace, fulfillment, and greater love for the people that I was helping. And also a greater Love for the Lord and His work, this work that I am contributing too, it was as if the Lord was saying, Thank You. I Love the feeling of being tired when going to bed, I love seeing people change, especially myself, I love coming closer to Heavenly Father and Christ Everyday. I Want Christ to be my Best friend, and I owe any relationship I have with him to this mission that I've been able to serve. Here is where I have turned to him in times of not only need but in returning thanks, and seeking for guidance and direction. I just feel close to him and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I Love You All and I'm pretty lucky to have some of you in my life. Don't know where I'd be without you. Until Next week, Godspeed!


Love, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive