13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Ether 6:5-12...



So for this weeks email I just wanted to start by sharing something that I learned from my studies. I was reading in Ether 6 and as most of ya know Ive been studying the Book of Mormon and looking for ways the Lord is Merciful and this chapter really opened my eyes. In verse 5 it says, "And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind." When I read that I first thought, man the Lord is purposefully sending waves and winds and storms their way, why in the world would he do that, maybe to try their faith... im not sure. And the more I thought about it, it occurred to me that it says, "Towards the Promise Land" The ferocious winds and the waves that tossed them were actuallt pushing them and leading them closer to where they wanted and needed to go! The spirit hit me So strong when I read that and came to that realization! A lot of times we think that trials are simply to stand as road blocks and and used to increase our faith, which they are. But here its pretty clear that the very trials that were beating down on them were Actually what got them to where they desired to go. The Lord Knows us, he knows what things will help us get to where we need to go, whether it be spiritually or literally, He Knows, and will get us there! I've really felt that the things that I've experienced and that have happened on my mission although sometimes may seem like meaningless hiccups are exactly what the lords planned for me to experience. And its those experiences that are molding me, shaping me, and helping me become the person I want to be, My Loved Ones want me and need me to be, and most of all who God wants and needs me to Become.


So that's my spiritual thought for the week. Now on to the Logistics! Haha, but really this week has been a good one. Our ward threw their Annual Halloween Party and it was Great! There were a lot of goofy costumes, and a lot of goofy members not dressed up in costumes. It was really fun, there was a chili cook off (Heartburn is Real), A guitar, banjo, and violin "sing along" (I Loved that) and of course trunk or treating. we obviously didn't have a car so people gave us a bucket of candy to walk around and hand out to kids. There were lots of no members there which is always good. Our investigator Shirley drove all the way to the church and called us a few times so we could walk in with her, but we didn't ever hear the phone and seen that she called till after the party was over, and by that time she had driven home. It kinda bummed us out, but the party was still fun and she said she'll come to the Christmas one in December. As far as other news goes... Elder Prisbreys getting Transferred :( We are both pretty sad. Its been some of the best weeks of my mission. I love Elder Prisbrey, he is definitely someone I will meet up with after the mission and hang out with. We are brothers for life. we have had experiences that have changed us and strengthened us forever. He will be going down to Huntington Beach YSA Ward, so he cant complain! As for me, I will be staying here in the Woodruff ward for another 6 weeks, and my new companion's Elder Hart, I don't know a whole lot about him. He is pretty new to the mission. He is Just getting out of training, so I'm hoping I don't corrupt him, Just kidding, I'm excited and ready to Love him and become friends with him. I know the Lord will use us as instruments in his hands to bring more people closer to him. I trust that things will be good and we will enjoy our time together! That's Pretty much it for the week guys, I'll clue you in on more things to come. God is Great, The Work is Good, and people are still crazy here in Long Beach, so I'm Lovin' It! Until Next week, Be safe and enjoy everyday!

Love, Elder Tory Steven Page

No comments:

Blog Archive