13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, January 6, 2014

Have no fear, Underdog is here...

Random news report: I don´t know how religiously Dad is checking the news for Chile, but just incase he sees something about this, I want to clarify now before Mom has any panic attacks. In Limache (during the summer especially), fires and earthquakes are really common. Fires especially cause it´s soooo hot and theres tons of wind, so hills catch fire randomly and then burn and spread super quick. And in the last two weeks, there have been huge fires in Limache every day and a few earthquakes. BUT I´M OKAY!! Haha. The other hermana missionaries in Limache and us joke that it´s the second coming.....but seriously. On the bright side, all the smoke blocks the sun, so the sun isn´t as strong as it usually is! The past couple of days it has been raining ashes from nearby fires.....so it´s kinda like it´s snowing! ....well sorta. But yeah, we all are fine! And I´m drinking lots of water! So nooooo worries :)


But anywho, I wanted to share two things that I have learned in the past couple days.
1) Fear is of the devil. This feeling, in it´s many forms (sadness, discouragement, anxsiety, doubts, embaressment..), it´s not of God. I´m not gonna lie, sometimes I fear a lot of things. And as a missionary, my fear is something that keeps me from having success and spiritual experiences of growth. In lots of different forms of counsel that I have been given, I´ve been told "have no fear" in one form or another. That has been on my mind a lot lately... "have no fear". And I have asked myself, how can I have no fear? So in order to find the answers that I needed, I have dedicated a lot of study time to this idea of fear. A few of the things that I have learned that have really hepled me:
-"perfect love casteth out fear", perfect love=charity.....have charity, and you won´t have fear, you´ll realize the divine identity of those around you (including yourself) and fear will be chased away by this love, act with boldness (Moroni 8:16)
-do not fear what men can/will do (their response, whether they will like you, what they will think...NADA), the faithful WILL have the help of God "in EVERY time of trouble", trust in the power of God (D&C 3: 7-8)
-"fear not to do good", God is with us, Christ suffered and conquered all..have faith in this power, "doubt not, fear not"...faith and fear CAN´T coexist, develop the faith to overcome any fear, be built firmly in the faith, doubt your doubt before your fear, "if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail"...this is a promise from God..punto. Fin. (D&C 6:32-37)
-Just act, cause God is with us (d&c 30:11)
-the Lord will stand by us....so why have fear?? Be of good cheer, God is here!! (d&c 68:6)


2) The worth of EVERY soul is great in the sight of God. Literally every soul. Every person. Whether you personally like them or not, they are hijos de Dios and they are important in His eyes. Every baby, every abuelito, every miembro antiguo, every menos activo. Even when we pass by and they "aren´t home" (but we definitely just saw them jump behind their couch through the window.....when ever this happens, I think of the story from Dallin´s mission of " @#!*% street" and the guy with the Bojangles bag hahaha). Even then their important. NEVER forget the worth of the souls of all those around you. Visit them, love them, serve them, be their friend.



Question: Did Dallin open his present from me for Christmas? Did ya like it?? I hope so!


But my time has come to an end. I hope my spiritual rant didn´t bore y´all...there wasn´t much "news" this week. Just doin the work!
I love you all soooo much. I really can´t explain it, but know that I do!!
Make this year somethin special!!
Love always and always,
Hermana Abigail Page

No comments:

Blog Archive