13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, January 20, 2014

"The book is on the table.....Da boke iz own da tab-lay."




Sometimes it´s super funny helping latinos learn english. And I don´t know why but they think that our mouths are weird when we talk...maybe they are. No sé. I was thinking about it the other day, and ya know what? More or less, I know spanish. WHAAAAAATTT?? What in the world? That, for me, is testament enough that this is the work of the Lord, cause there is no way in the cow pasture that I could speak/understand spanish without the help of the Lord! And I don´t know if I already ranted out this with you guys, but this week, it hit me again. Really, every conversation that I have is a little miracle! I´m a livin´ miracle haha.


This week, we were visiting less activo members, and we passed by a family that´s less active. When you enter the house, the grandpa was sitting at the table.....shellin beans! I about jumped out of my pants I was so excited. One of the memories I have of Grandma Myra´s house is one time, I was there just with Grandma and we were sitting under the carport, and we shelled a bucket of beans! I don´t know why this memory is so cool in my head, but really it´s one of my favorite memories. So this day, when we visited this family we shared a message and shelled beans at the same time. It was like I´d died and gone to Caswell ;)


Today, we had a district activity, and it was really great! We played lots of games and we played soccer and it was soooo hot and we were all gross and sweaty, but it was really fun!! That was the first time that I had played soccer since I don´t know when! Cause normally with the boys at home, I always just watched. But now when I´m home again, I wanna play tooooo!
Another part of the activity was that we watched the church movie about the law of consecration about John Turner. (If you´ve never seen it, watch it!) And I´ve decided that this year (2014) is my year to consecrate ALL my efforts and time to the Lord. Cause this time next year, I´m about home again. So I´m really gonna do it. I´m going to try my very hardest the consecrate every moment and effort to help the Lord, cause I´m not gonna have this time ever again....only missionaries, the 12, and the prophet have this opportunity in reality. So I´m gonna lose myself and get to work this year!


But that´s all for this week folks; tune in next time for my latest rants and adventures.
I love you all more than a fat kid love twinkies.
Do the work, get glory.
Love always and always,
Hermana Abigail Page

No comments:

Blog Archive