13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Thursday, October 25, 2012

Elder Ward in Ogden

I am not sure why I have not done this prior to today, but the thought just accured to me to post some news about Elder Ward. He is doing great and to say that he is loving his mission would be an understatement. This past week he had a baptism with one of the families he loves so much (funny how when you serve people, you grow to love them :) Anyway here are just a few incerts from some of his emails in the last couple of weeks. I will try to do better at keeping everyone up to date on how hes is doing. We love you Elder Ward! I thought talking about gaining weight would be a good way to start off this week's email. Every night for the past week we have had 2 Mexican dinners. Now, Mexican dinners are A LOT of food, seriously. You can't tell them no and you have to clean your plate and pray that they don't put any more food one. In the past week, I think we all gained around 5 pounds. Elder Plowman and Bozarth and I are already talking about coming back up to Ogden in 2 years (if I am in UT for law school) and visiting the Rubios and just having a good time with them. We all love that family so much. This is probably my favorite family that I have taught while one my mission. The first photo was from when they got married in their home on Saturday night and then the next is from when they got baptized 24 hours later, on Sunday. After my mission, I really hope to come back and visit them some more. I will definitely keep visiting this family while I am still in this area. So, the big news! This past weekend, we had 2 weddings with families that we have been visiting, helping, and teaching over the past month. The both also got baptized this past weekend as well. I am going to send more emails with photos...I have a lot to send this week. It was so great just to see these 2 families being so happy and doing things that they knew were the right things to do. The Pena family got married Saturday at 11 and then baptized right after at 12:30. They then had a reception afterwards, so we went to that for a while- Mexican parties are the best! Then at 5 o'clock that same day, the Rubio family got married. They were so excited to do it too. That night, we we were talking about their baptism (which was on Sunday at 6 pm) and their oldest son, who was never interested before, told us that he wanted to be baptized with his family. It was crazy! One of the rules is that they have to hear all the "discussions" from the missionaries before they are able to be baptized, so we just taught them all in that Saturday night! We also had to get some special permission for him to do it so quick and make the decision that quick, but it was better that he could do it with his family not feel excluded since he had a sincere desire to do it.

No comments:

Blog Archive