13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Choose to Bloom where you are planted!

Hello Everybody!!
Well, where to start on the past few days! Since I don't have too too much to just tell you as far as things going on, I will tell you about a wonderful learning experience that I had. So I am going to put it straight, the past three days were terrible for missionary work. It started with one bad evening and then it carried over into the next days. It is way hot and humid here, and we spent all day out in the heat, and nobody would even stop to talk to us. All day people rode by on there bikes and turn their shoulders as they walked by. Coming off of a week of seeing a lot of miracles and good experiences, it was a long fall into this period of hard rejection. With the drop into this hard time, I began to lose patience. I listened to people tell me they didn't need this message over and over again and it drove me up the wall. I began to be impatient and wouldn't even be happy when I would try and talk to people. I made the mistake of letting my faith in miracles go. I walked into every contact believing that they would just ignore me, and so that is just what I got. I began to recognize me own discouragement and impatience as last evening drew to a close. Last night, I hit the bottom and fell on my knees in prayer. I came to my Father and told him exactly what I was feeling. I cried and felt his assurance that if I would pick my head up, he would give me ways to lift me up. So as I went to sleep last night, I still felt down, but decided that things would get better. The morning was the same and I felt pretty lowly. I decided that would write in my journal, and as I wrote, I began to feel the love of my Saviorin my heart. Moments later, Elder Ellis and Elder Lay came home from shopping and they had bought me some Melon Pan (my favorite bread) to cheer me up. I felt there love and my mood gradually began to be lifted. As soon as I decided that I could feel joy, the Lord began to bless me with his tender mercies. Through his spirit my change of attitude and heart was completed as I received a talk from my Dear Marissa. Her sending that talk to me was inspired of the Holy Ghost and brought that smile back to my face. The talk was all about discouragement and at the end it says, "I can choose to bloom wherever I am planted, whenever the season, whatever the challenges." I know that the Lord answers our prayers. I have learned this week that he will try our faith. If we keep faith in him through all things and do not droop in discouragement, he will keep his promise to us that "the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him (Mosiah 29:20)." Through this experience I have better learned how to trust in my Savior through all trails on the mission and in life. My sincere and solomn promise to all of you is that Jesus Christ lives. He paid the ultimate sacrafice so that through all pain we can be lifted up. Jesus Christ truly hath decended below all men so that he might lift up even the most lowly soul. I am so priviledged to be able to serve him and to be his tool to lift up those souls who will humble themselves and let him heal them. This is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. It was brought back to this earth throught the prophet Joseph Smith. He truly did translate golden plates, given to him by an angel, into the Book of Mormon. Eleven witnesses testified to their death that they had seen the plates, handled them, and that they were an ancienct record.
My testimony is with their's. The Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God. Read it and you can know without a doubt that it is Gods word, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. If the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet, and this church is the Church of Jesus Christ. It is the Keystone. If you want to know if this gospel is true, read that Book. It is everything and I know that when you read, you will know with no doubt that it is true, and therefore,that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you all so very much. Everyone have a wonderful week. Until next week everyone please remember me in your prayers.
Love you all,
Elder Zachary Page

No comments:

Blog Archive