13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, June 29, 2009

Elder Page's claim to fame

For some great news Miguel and Belen are getting baptized this sunday. Elder Page is so happy for them and the progress they have made. They are very excited about their day and so is Elder Page. Now on to Elder Page's claim to fame. This is big news...I mean really BIG news. He can tell you the story much better than I can so here it is straight from his letter.
"In other big news for this past week. We had our interviews with president on tuesday and so after interviews we went to this pizza place near where we had interviews. They have a pizza challenge there where if 2 people can eat a 28" pizza in one hour they get it for free and they get there picture on the wall!!! I know that's totally worth, huh!? :) I'm not sure what it is about guys, and especially missionaries when it comes to seeing how much food they can eat, but somehow it is directly related to your manliness. :) So anyways, only one missionary companionship has ever been able to do it so me and Elder Fui had to step up and give it a try. The only thing is that when we got there the guy told us that it was only on saturdays but we convinced him to let us do it even though it was tuesday. The catch is that he said that we only had 30 minutes instead of an hour. And out of the 5 pictures on the wall. The record was 33 minutes and the next closest was 47 minutes. So basically we were going to have to set the record or pay $30 for the huge mother pizza. To make a long and painful story short we did it in 29 minutes! I'm not really sure how b/c it's kind of like a blur and something that i will never attempt again but somehow it was worth it. Maybe it's because i now get my on the wall of a small pizza parlor that no one goes to, or maybe it's the thousands or calories i was able to pack into one sitting, or maybe it was just the simple fact that after all was said and done it was all "free!" Like i've mentioned before somehow that word means so much to missionaries; probably a little too much. :) Anyways, i think the most important thing is that after this experience i resolved to begin my strict diet and exercise plan. It just hit me the other day that i only have about 6 months left and that it's about that time to do all i can do to drop a few pounds. I've gotta look my best when i come home. :) " Doesn't look so big!
Well maybe it's a little big.

No problem...
I think I am going to throw up...

I have almost got my last bite down.......

Yes!!! We did it!
Now on to my diet!

4 comments:

McKenna said...

HaHa! Oh boy Dallin! That's a ton of pizza- well it's a good thing they used to practice at CiCis :)

Jill Dees said...

That is a fun story. I have a couple of boys that would have made a good partner for him!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful story, and one that brings back a flood of memories. I returned from my mission a relatively trim and fit person. That doesn't tell the stories from my mission. One companion and I took our ward missionary to lunch (pizza buffet) and after 28 slices (each) we were asked to leave. This elder also ate 6 whoppers in a sitting (no tomatos of course) so they would be free. I also participated twice in what we affectionately called the "Big Mac Challenge". You remember the jingle...Big Mac, Filet O Fish, Quarter Pounder, French Fry, Icy Coke, Thick Shake and an Apple Pie, well, welcome to the challenge. One other time out of sheer pride on a bet I swallowed an earthworm. Of course, there was also a ton of great prepared "mystery asian" food that we ate, but these are the stories to pass on to my posterity! I am not sure what posses missionaries at times like those, but somehow after the gluttony wears off, we function just as well!! :)

pagefamily said...

Lisa, this cracks me up...So Dallin! Barry and I were just talking about the time Steve was out of town, and you brought the kids over and we went to the "all you can eat buffet" kids eat free night! 3 adults, and 11 kids- CLASSIC. He looks great and happy!

Blog Archive