13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Saturday, February 15, 2014

Where discussions can take place...

The snow storm of the century, at least it has been for us here in Concord NC. It was a sight to behold, beautiful white everywhere, s far as the eye could see. It is always nice to be "stranded" at home. That is what happens in NC when we get snow. Life stops and we are forced to slow down and see all of the sights around us, especially our families. We are "forced" to hang out together where discussion could take place, and smiles are shared. No school and at the most working from home...at least he is still in our presence. Where some people can not stand the thought of snow and life stopping and don't mention having to stay in the house for any length of time. Well these little blessings are what I look forward to most in the winter. I did miss the presence of my other children coming in and out of the house, wanting hot chocolate (even though most of them don't even drink it) its what you are suppose to ask for to warm up. Staying out for hours, not realizing that their fingers and toes have about frozen off of their bodies. I do miss the night time sledding with everyone, and watching Abigail build a snowman, because she was always the only one who would take the time to build one. Playing games and watching Disney movies that they have seen a dozen times each. This winter storm we made some new memories with Tory. Being the only one left at home has been a journey for him. I think he looks at it as extra time with mom & dad that no one else got. We just look at it as a blessing. I love doing photo shots with him, and he lets me :) We had a great time enjoying the snow and all the luster that came with it. I guess I can look forward to new experiences like the ones we have had with our children again when grand children come along, or maybe when all the kids are back home for a visit. Till then I will recall fun memories of being "stranded" with the people I love most in this world...family.


No comments:

Blog Archive