13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Home, home on the range...

Thank you all for your counsel and prayers and thoughts and everything.
So NOW in Limache there is just me and Hermana Beu (una otra gringa) for aaallllllllllllllllll of Limache. So we are busy busy busy! Walking and teaching and putting fechas and walking and finding and doin all the jazz. But even though we are so busy now, I like always having something to do. A full agenda makes one haaappy misionera! We have a lot of people that are really progressing and who want to hear and learn more. I love the work here :) Also, Hermana Beu is getting close to the end of her mission, so she really knows how to get the work done, so I am learning lots from her.

Funny story of the week:
-We were walking to a cita across town and it was really windy this day, so I had been keeping an eye in my skirt to make sure I wouldn´t pull a Marylin Monroe or something. So we were walking and walking, and then suddenly I thought to myself..."why can I feel a breeze when there isn´t a breeze? Uhhhhhaahh pucha." I felt around and then suddenly realized that my backpack had eaten my skirt and I was flashin the dark side of the moon. Bahahaha, ohhh que fomé la vida. But luckly there weren´t many witnesses...or so I hope not.


I know that life is hard. I know that there are moments when we feel like we are past the point of return and there´s nothing we can do to change things. I know there are days when we can´t see la luz. But I also know that we are never alone. Never ever. And I know that God hears AND answers our prayers. I know that faith isn´t always to walk in the darkness while seeing a bright light on the other side....nope aveces faith is walking in the darkness trusting that there´s a light. I know that Christ is that light. I know that there is light and a reason to smile in every single day. I know people can change. I know that hope is never lost. Just keep trusting, just keep walking, and just keep swimming, and I know that everything will be worth it.

I love you all. More than I can accurately say en spanish or en english...especially when I´m in this awkward limbo of not knowing how to talk in either right now.
Keep on keeping on. And don´t forget to smile at strangers.

Love always and always,
Su hermanita preferida,
Hermana Abigail Page

No comments:

Blog Archive