13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, February 24, 2014

It´s like the county fair...but with churros!





In Limache there´s a huuuuuge catholic church, se llama "40 horas", and it turns out that this week is the celebration of "the virgin of 40 horas"...it´s like the saint/virgen specifically for this church. So this week there going to be parties and mass and (most important) una FERIA!!! Whoooohoooo! And even better...it was today (on monday too)! Double whooohoooowowoooopp! To explain my excited hollars...the feria es like a fair....uhh or a market or something like that. It´s a maze of tents set up and people sell whatever thing you can think of inside...for example, authentic chilean ponchos and hats and pants and trinkets, kitchen ware, indian clothes, donkeys, soccer jerseys, wind chimes, turtles and hamsters, CHURROS. Everything. It´s like a ghetto form of disney world, cause it´s a place where dreams come true. And usually the ferias are only on Sundays..or something random like Thursday..so we can never go :( BUT! this feria is for the whooole week! So we went today and I went a like loco and bought lots of stuff for you guys! Whoowooop for presents! But I didn´t have enough money to buy everyone stuff, so I think I´ll send this stuff home in the next few weeks and then continue my search for everyone over the course of my mission until everyone has atleast something chilean :)
Ps. I had my first churro at the feria today...CHECK off the bucketlist.
This week has been one of the most successful weeks of my mission! I really feel like we worked really good and hard, and our numbers showed it for once so our district and zone leaders were happy haha.
One miracle from this week, there is a little old grandpa in our ward that has been going to church for the past 30-somethin years. This whole time, I thought he was a member cause he´s always at church and all of his family are members...but it turns out he isn´t a member. But how I found that is is that on Thursday night, he ran into us at church and said, "Yo quiero ser bautizado." And there aren´t sweet words in the world to a missionary, so naturally we put a cita for the next day (friday). In Friday we were teaching him and we invited him to be baptized on the 8th..in 2 weeks. And you know what? He said no. He said "NO, No no no. I wanna be baptized. And I don´t wanna wait. This Saturday. The 1st. I wanna be baptized in el 1 de Marzo." After going in and out of shock, we assured him that that was completely fine and so that´s his fecha! So in 5 days we are teaching him all the lessons, setting his interview, and planning his bautismo! Talk about miracle, no?! And he is such a cool grandpa...his name is Rosendo and he likes to do magic tricks and arm wrestle. And let me tell ya, he´s a strong little fellow! I mean he is 85 and he is doing the clapping pushups for fun!
But yep, so we are busy with him this week. But the Lord always provides when we try our best and are obedient.
But that´s all the time I´ve got. I hope you all are seeing the miracles that the Lord is giving y´all cada día. He wants to bless us... so earn his blessings!
I love you all so much :) Make good decisions. AND DO YOUR HOME/VISITING TEACHING. Please. That is the missionary work without the nametag.
Thank you for your prayers and everything always. Y´all are in my prayers everyday.
Love always and always,
Hermana Abigail Page

No comments:

Blog Archive