13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Sunday, July 15, 2012

I know that the work I have been a part of is true...

Hello Everybody, So I think that every missionary, at some point on the mission, imagines several important moments in his or her time as a missionary. Things like hitting the quarter marks of the mission every six months, the hump day, the walk down the escalator, the last talk in Sacrament Meeting as a missionary, and the very last email that they send. I think that everybody wants to send an email that just blows everybody away and leaves everybody excited to see them because of the changed person that they are; the spiritual metamorphosis that has occurred is evident in their last words.I think if you ask any RM then they would laugh and confirm what I am saying. There is almost this pressure on you for your last email to be super epic. Even now, writing like this, it probably feels like I am setting it up to be an epic email! :o) I pretty much have no more time left as a normal missionary. Tomorrow is my last full day of work and then on Wednesday morning I go into Sendai, spend a couple of days there with interviews and stuff, and then I am on the plane on Friday. You know, I think that everybody wants their last full week of the mission to be their best, and even to some missionaries, the last week isnt the best, and that it what makes it the best for them. So, of course in my case, I had the best last week of my mission. We topped the Zone this past week again. People came out to church, we have three people progressing, things just went good. On top of that, I spent a lot of time pondering and on my knees. Talked to President and Sister Rasmussen a good bit too. Something just happened in my heart at some point this past week that is really hard for me to explain. I just felt so much of the burden and pain of all of this lift. I think if happened the most yesterday at my last day at church. After church was over, gradually all of the members came to me and offered their thanks and love to me. There were several people who cried and some that just wouldnt let go of my hand. Especially Brother Kawase, the brother who was baptized a couple of weeks ago. He came up to me and said, well, it is hard to translate into understandable English, but he said, "Elder Page, thank you so much for teaching me and for my baptism. I will never forget you." Man, in that moment it was like a wave of emotion and thoughts. It is like 1 year and a half just poured through my mind in a split second. I started to cry and I thought in that moment, that Heavenly Father was proud of me. I felt that he couldnt be any prouder of me than he is now. I can honestly say that I have given my all to this work. Even to this day I have not had one single day that I took off. I never stopped doing what was required of me. When President gave me a blessing a couple weeks ago, he used the words, "The Lord has accepted your offering." When he said that to me then, it was the farthest thing from what I felt, but when I left the church yesterday, I felt a calm, but resoundingly powerful assurance that the Lord has accepted my offering as his full time servant. I have no regrets. Nothing that I wish I could do again or take back, and I think that is the thing that a returning missionary desires more than anything else when he goes home. I am sure that I will still have a lot of tough things and emotions that will rock me, but I know that the work that I have offered is pleasing to my Father in Heaven. That has allowed my to find more joy in the things that I did experience in my time here. I know that the work that I have been a part of is true. More than anything else that I have felt, that is what is burning in my heart the strongest. Know that I feel so so happy. I am really excited to see you all and to see how many people Mom is able to pull to the airport at 9 oclock at night! :oD I wasnt able to get everything that everybody wanted, but I am bringing home a bunch of good stuff, so dont worry. I love you all so much. I will see you on Friday, but tell Abbys roomates to not judge the RM Elder Page by the pictures at the airport because who knows what over 20 hours of traveling will do to me! haha I love you and cant wait for my hug, Mom! Love Always, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive