13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, July 9, 2012

One of the happpiest times of my life...

Hello Everybody, Great to hear that everybody is doing so good. Even up to this day it makes me so happy to hear when everybody is doing good. :o) I wonder how many people are going to read this email? Even now just tying this I can feel the eyes watching me! Well, I dont really have anything amazing to say or tell about this past week. We were in Sendai of course and I spoke to President and Sister Rasmussen about everything on Monday. When we talked and President decided that it would be best for me to come home, the reason for that decision was not because I am crippled and not able to walk or anything like that. It was the fact that there is no Doctor who can identify the cause of the problem and therefore cant find a way to fix it, and the fact that the problem is getting progressively worse as I continue to serve a mission. I honestly dont really want to type my entire email about all of this stuff, I have already gotten my fair share of this conversation. ;o) But, I have a good week. I was obviously experiencing some emotional barriers, but I just did my best to put that all on the window seal and just keep going and doing my thing. We saw some great miracles in the work this week. The two of us, working harder than ever before have seen many blessings. We have several investigators that have really dove into the Book of Mormon and are finding a testimony in it. We were also able to find a couple of new investigators this week too, so things have kept a smile on my face. The two who were baptized last week are doing super great. Brother Kawase is about to get the priesthood, and little Rena, man is she great. Let me tell you a story about her. So her and her family live about a 40 minute journey from the church by train and bus. She always comes with her Mom, but yesterday she walked into the church door by herself. She said that her Mom couldnt come that day, but that she came the entire way herself! This is a 14 year old girl! It was one of the happiest moments of my mission, Mom. Man, this is just the life over here. The joy in the work is so so so great. With the reality of leaving here slowly sinking in, it has made the thought of separating from the people more and more painful. Yesterday as I just sat in church and sang the Hymn "I need thee every hour" in Japanese, I just started to cry. Now to be fair, it has been just one of many times I have shed tears in the past week, but there is just such a special feeling in my heart for this place and people. I decided not to tell everybody quite yet about everything, but when I told the few people that I have told, it was super hard. People that I just love more than life itself kind of thing. I have caught myself just looking at my name tag over and over again, just trying to come to grips with the idea of taking it off, but it has been something that is hard. I appreciate your prayers and support so so much. I can feel it and it makes me excited to be able to be with you all again. Dont expect some downhearted, crippled, and smile less missionary to come down that escalator in 11 days. It just wont happen. I can walk, and I can interact without showing any pain in my face at all, and I am happy. It is interesting because I am experiencing such a difficult time in so many different ways right now, more than I could explain, but It really is one of the happiest times of my life, and I will have a smile on my face when I see you again. No worries! :oD Everybody have a great week, I sure will. I love you and pray for you every single day. If you want anything else just let me know next week and I will try and get it for you. Love always, Elder Zachary Taylor Page

No comments:

Blog Archive