13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back is bothering me today, more than usual...

Hey Everybody, So I don't have much that I can tell you about my back today. Went to the hospital again but the only thing that we have been able to find in a hospital is another appointment and time for waiting. I am not sure what I am going to do about it all right now. To be honest, my back is bothering me today more than it has for most of the time, but I just don't know anything about it yet. I still need to talk to President and Sister Rasmussen again about it because nothing is happening about it right now. I will let you know about that as soon as I know something. Other than that though, it was a great great week. Here in Niigata, we made two baptismal dates this past week. We have two people scheduled to be baptized here on June 30th. They both look really good and it has been one of the most refreshing blessings of the Lord at this point in my mission. We are working really hard and neither of us are transferring this transfer, so we will have time to bring these baptisms down together. I am so happy to be here with Elder Nation. He is so great and sets such a great example of hard work and diligence that just keeps me going at it strong. We still havent slowed down because of my back the Lord is giving us the spiritual strength to make up for a lack of physical strength. haha Mom, that was kind of a joke, I am not running faster than I have strength! :o) Things back home seem so fun and exciting which is just great to hear. I love it when things are fun and busy back home for all of you guys. During those times I feel like maybe you understand just how fast time is zooming by for me. This transfer marks 11 of my 16 which makes me one of the oldest missionaries in the mission. Now it isn't only my back that feels old, my heart does too! :o) Even crazier than that, I will now be in Niigata for around 9 months at least by the time I leave. What makes it even crazier is that Sister Tanaka came here with me 7 months ago, but she goes home this week, so now I am the only one left in this area who was there all of those months ago. Of the 6 in Niigata now, there are 5 missionaries who have been here for 6 weeks or less, and then me who has been here for 7 1/2. :o) I love this area, I love the mission, and I love my companion. Things are going good, I know you are worried about my back, but I am doing alright. Thanks so so much for all of the prayers and support in this time that is kind of tough for me. I truly can feel them, and they help. Looks like it will be a pretty regular week coming up, just getting our two people ready for baptism. :o) I love you all so so much. Like Dad in his hip surgery experience, I have been able to gain a very different testimony than usual. I have come to be able to testify of the power of the Atonement not only in our emotional pains or sins, but in physical pains as well. I know that the power of the Atonement is real and expands over our every pain. Christ is the one who will succor us as our days demand of us. I really believe that to be true. Everybody have a great week. Love, Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive