13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, January 31, 2011

Elder Zachary Page tells of his beginnings at the MTC

Well I am officially a missionary in the Japan Sendai Mission, MTC District 27D, Junior Companion of Elder Benson. My first couple of days have been a learning curve to say the least. Getting dropped off at the curb was so beautiful...ha ha, not really. It was sad and very hard. I want you all to know that I love you so much and I hope you are proud of me. It has been pretty hard so far. You really do get thrown into it all and it is just crazy for a while. My companion is from Atlanta Georgia and was at BYU like me in the fall. I really like him a lot. He is a little bit of an oddball, but I love him more for it. We are pretty relatable to each other and I know that the Lord put him with me to help stregthen us both. Japanese is pretty much as insanely hard as you can imagine. 56 of us came in this week which gives us a total of 90 japanese missionaries in the MTC, the most ever in history. My district has 12 total, 10 Elders and 2 sisters. I love all the "choro tachi hatamamata shemai tachi" in my district. (that means Elders and Sisters) We are all struggling together with the language and I want you to know that I am striving really hard to learn and I am working hard. I have learned simple things like "watashi wa Page Cholo des" and Hajimameshite" which is simply my name is Elder Page, nice to meet you. I got really discouraged las night and the first half of today and I wasn't doing very well. I felt like I couldn't do it and that 2 years was just so long. Then we met with our branch and the Branch President had us stand up and tell a little about ourselves and to tell us why we came on a mission. It was then that a lot changed inside me. I know already that this will be super hard and that it will push me in so many wasys, but I can fell the Lord's arms all around me and I know that I have been called of him and that He will give me strength in my weakness. I love you all and keep me in your prayers. "Domo Arigato Kazokv" (Thank you family)
Love Elder Page

Page Choro

Ps. of the 90 of us only 6 of us are going to Sendai.

No comments:

Blog Archive