13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Elder Page has a spill on his bike

Elder Page had another good week. I am so glad that he has a sense of humor. He had a wreck on his bike this week. I'll let him tell you in his own words.
"Now before I go any further, let me just calm your nerves and say that I'm not writing this from a hospital bed. I'm actually perfectly fine but it could have been alot worse than it was. So here is the story...I was on exchanges with another elder in my district, Elder Neuhring. He and his companion cover the southern part of our ward boundaries just below Disneyland. the Anaheim Angels stadium and the Ducks collisium are in their area. Anyways, they are on bikes too so we were just coming in for the night and it was kind of dark. I could blame the lack of light on what happened but I'll just tell you that it was completely my fault. We rode into the complex and I was behind Elder Neuring. He jumped a curb not far from their apartment and as I was approaching it, I saw it, and I knew what I had to do...I had to pull up on my handlebars just before hitting the curb so that my bike would go safely over. No problem right? I'm mean I did this when I was 8 years old. Well, unfortunatley, I got too cocky and I took my eyes off the curb and I jumped too early. My front tire landed just at the right angle into the curb and sent me flying over my handlebars to the concrete below (It's okay you can laugh at me if you want to, I won't care). Needless to say, it kind of hurt but it was mostly just my pride that was damaged and I just skinned my hands a little but they're fine now. the worst part was the other elders who they live with were pulling into the complex right as I flipped off my bike so they saw the whole thing. They got a pretty good laugh out of it, just after they found out that I was alright, I'm sure. Anyways, that's it. My first bike wreck. I knew it would happen eventually. :) I had Elder Neuring take a picture of me under my bike laying on my face after i wrecked so I'll have to send you a copy of it, it's pretty funny looking."
Thank goodness he is alright! He sent us some pictures this week, but something is wrong with our scanner and I am unable to get them into our computer but as soon as I do I will post them.

1 comment:

pagefamily said...

ohhhh, I am glad he is okay! Glad he can laugh about it too. He made a great memory for the books :) I need new pictures of him!!!

Blog Archive