13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, April 14, 2008

Placentia, CA/first companion Elder Song

Hey family,

I just wrote a really long email and then somehow I lost it so this one is going to be
alot shorter, sorry. I will just give you the basics...

My companion is Elder Song. He is from korea and he has been out for almost 1 year. He is
a great trainer and I am learning alot. I am in the Placentia area and we cover two wards
(P1 and P3). In this area there are very few hispanics so we don't have the chance to
speak much spanish although sometimes we run into some while tracting but it is very
rare. As for the work, it is very tough here. We only have one investigator right now and
he is not really progressing. He is from the Phillipines and he a little bit slow b/c of
some medications he is taking. Anyways, I am not sure how much longer we will be working
with him but that is pretty much it for now. We are mainly working with some of the
less-active members in the ward. We are working hard but this is just a tough area I
think. In the past 5 months that Elder Song has been here he has only had about 4
investigators and not one ever came to church. We are trying to tract for atleast 2 hrs a
day but it isn't really the most effective way to find people. We really just need the
help of the members. That is why I think that it is so awesome that you all are helping
the missionaries in your area. I really can understand just how important the work you
are doing is in missionary work. Well, we have some other errands to run today so I will
talk to you next week. I love you all. Keep up the good work!

Love,

Elder Page

p.s. Mail all my mail to the mission office and i guess they will just make sure that I
get it.

No comments:

Blog Archive