13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, April 7, 2008

Last MTC Email

Dear Family,

Well, I don't know really what to say right now about how I am feeling. Of course I am
really excited to finally get to go out to CA and put all this knowledge I've learned to
good use but to be completely honest I am pretty nervous also. It is kind of scary to
think that in less than 2 days I will be teaching people who I have never met before in a
language that I have only been speaking (or should I say "trying to speak") for
2 months. It is definitely humbling for me to think about. But all I can do is just try
my best, keep studying hard, and pray for help as I go about the Lord's work. I'm sure
everything will work out alright. Although I would be expecting some sort of rediculous
spanish slip-up story within the next few weeks.

Well, what about General Conference?! It was pretty amazing wasn't it. I'm kind of
disappointed that I am not going to be able to read it's highlights in Dad's GC book.
Some of my favorites were definetly Elder Holland who once again layed down the law and
gave a great talk about the latter-day revelation and scripture. And I also really
enjoyed listening to President Monson speak. The spirit bore witness to me on a number of
occasions that he is truly a prophet of God leading Christ's church here on earth in
these last days. I just feel sorry for all the women who weren't at the priesthood
session to see him tell one of the greatest stories ever told over the pulpet. A the
climax of the story when he paused and then wiggled his ears I laughed so hard. Pres.
Monson's great since of humor was shown once more in his closing remarks at the end of
the last session as he was talking about his beloved wife and the fact that 1/2 of their
household appliances are off limits to him. Bottom line...He is simply an amazing man who
I was proud to honorably sustain as the prophet, seer, and revelator of our church.


Thank you also for the phone card and for Elder Ofa's CD's. Jaclyn sent him some CDs too
so he ended up with about 8-9 CDs. So thanks so much for that. He appreciated them alot.

I have one random question...can you figure out how much money I have on my debit card
and let me know on DearElder tomorrow. I haven't used it too much but I was just
wondering. Thanks. Oh, and if you want, feel free to fill me in on the UNC basketball
situation. :)

Tell Elder Gillette congrats on his promotion to AP--he will do a great job.

All for now.

Love,

Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive