13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Monday, November 25, 2013

Every member a missionary...

I HATE PULGAS. Oh wait, y´all don´t know what pulgas are...pulgas are fleas. And I swoney they are minions of Satan that LOVE to eat missionries in Chile alive in the dead of night. It´s terrible cause when we go to bed, we are so ready and excited to sleep, but then we don´t want to sleep at the same time cause we know that we are going to wake up with new pulga bites... Eh.

But on a more happy note, Saturday was the baptism of SUPER SERGIOOOO. Well his name is actually just Sergio, but we always call him "Super Sergio" because he was probably the easiest, most golden investigator in the history of the world. He actually was the first person I taught a lesson to here in Limache on my first real day...and now he is a member! Crazy, huh? My first contact-to-baptism experience.
Funny story about his baptism real quick: Gustavo (the baptizer) didn´t explain the whole process of the actual baptism by immersion. So Sergio only has his nose hand in the palm of Gustavo, the other is hangin by his side, and the arm of Gustavo that´s supposed to support Sergio´s back has recently had surgery so it doesn´t have any strength. So after the whole "having the authority...lalala", at the dunkaroo part, Sergio starts leaning forward to go heads first, Gustavo tries to stop him, Sergio then doesn´t know whats going on so he grabs the side of the font for dear life as he is trying to squat in the water to go under, Gustavo´s trying to push him down in the water backwards, finally Sergio lets go and goes down in the water but them Gustavo´s lame arm cant lift him up.....hahaha. It was quite the process...but it counted! And that´s all that matters right? In a few years from now everybody will laugh about it. But Sergio is still super and the most adorable slightly oldish guy every so it all turned out well :)
Other than the fact that he was so prepared by the Lord beforehand, another thing that really helped with Sergio was the fact that for almost every single lesson, we had members present.
Honestly, with how perfect everything was with the coversion of Sergio, I now have such a testimony of the role of members in the conversions of investigators. Without the members working with us missionaries in every phase of the work, we aren´t going to have much lasting success. EVERY MEMBER A MISSIONARY. I know we get tried of getting the "missionary work" speech..trust me, I know. I´ve been on the other side. But now I´m on the other other side. And I can see that missionaries need members, and members need missionaries. One without the other doesn´t make much sense.
So this is my invitation to you all este semana. Work with the missionaries. Be a missionary without the tag. When the missionaries call needing your help, drop what you´re doing and answer. When they ask you to fellowship an investigator, do it. When you see an opportunity to open your month and talk about the gospel with friends, be bold and trust in the Lord. Make sacrafices so the work can progress! I wish I would have done that before my mission with the missionaries.
I know that if we all labor a little harder in the Lord´s vineyard, we will see miracles. Cause I know with all my heart that miracles exsist. We just gotta trust in the Lord and put our best foot forward in faith.
That´s all folks. Not too too much this week that I have time to share... Time? What is time? They don´t have that here... Mom, maybe you could ship me some, cause I miss that stuff..
Be good this week. Remember who you are and what you stand for. Have the day you have!
Chau chau mis amigos!
Love always and always,
Hermana Abigail Page

No comments:

Blog Archive