13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Friday, October 16, 2009

1st Letter from Elder Matthew Page

Querido Familia,
How are you all doing" This past week has been the craziest week of my life. So much has happened and I don't know where to start. First, you all sound great and everything seems to be good. I'm so glad to hear about Zach and Chris. I'm so excited for you all and your missionary efforts. I will remember them in my prayers.
I guess I should tell you about this week. The first day was so crazy. We were all just kind of filed in and out into our districts. All of us new missionaries were just given an intro and then we were put to work. We were taught first" our purpose" and then we went straight into the language. They started us out with prayers. I still don't have it down, but it's coming. Spanish is so hard!!! They just throw so much at us and not alot really stays in my head. It is really overwhelming, ut just keep me in your prayers with it adn I know it will come (I just don't know when) My companion Elder Jordan though is very optimistic. He keeps me going and positive. We are always studying. We are in class so much and I have basically one perspective in my class. I'm trying to memorize the First Vision in spanish and to memorize 20 words a day. It keeps me busy. Our whole Zone is really good and our Branch Presidency is great. They give us new guys hope and confidence that we'll be OK.
The food is OK, but I seriously think that it gives everyone gas. When we study it just stinks all the time! Our District Leader Elder Kindsey is the worst. I really like our gym time. It's been cold so we usually lift or run on the indoor track. We play a little basketball, but we all stink at it.
Me and ELder Jordan have taught the 1st lesson and got some pointers. I fell we did ok, but we will improve. WE also tried street contacting in spanish. We jsut try to talk to other Elders walking around. Needless to say he did most of we did most of the talking.
I saw Cory working in the cafeteria and I saw Sis. Astle. It was nice to chat with them and say hey. Today was really nice. It's truly our day of rest!
Our roommates, Elders Drisoll and Lowley have been here 6 wks. and help us with spanish and other stuff.
Well I'm about to go to a devotional and then they will show "The Testaments", so I will write you all soon. I love you all and pleas keep me in your prayers. I truly have been humbled being here and I know I have so much to learn, but I know that the Lord will help me. THell the Elders Hey and know that I'm working hard for you all. I hope that I can bring honor and blessing to my family.
Testifico que Jesucristo es mi Salvador. Se el libro de Mormon es verdadero. El Evengelio contiene el amor de nuestro padre celestial. En el nomre de Jesu Cristo Amen.
Amore,
Elder Pagina

No comments:

Blog Archive