13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Elder Page has been Sick, yuck!

I got a nice surprise today...an email from Elder Page. YEAH!!!! The libraries were closed so they went by today to email home. Poor guy has been sick all week. He is on a bike now and they have been getting so much rain and it has been cold, this week that he has gotten sick. Here is a small portion of his letter from this week.

I do have another kind of funny story of something that happened on Sunday. So I figured that this was going to happen one of these days and it finally did after one year and 2 days out. We went over to Hermana Garcia's house for lunch/dinner after church at 3:00. Now Hermana Garcia is a really nice lady, she is a single older lady and the ward librarian. Unfortunately, being the nicest old lady in the Spanish ward doesn't make her a good cook. As we were sitting on the couch waiting for the food to be ready, we smelt a really funky smell coming from the kitchen. Then she held up this HUGE piece of something and asked, "Les gusta flounder?" Now I think I could eat flounder and end up alright but that definitely wasn't "flounder". When she served it up it wasn't even in one piece. It looked like she had put it in a blender and the best way I can think to describe it is that it was the texture of baby food. Well, I'll skip the actual consumption of the food and cut to 15 minutes later...we walked home in pain and then...it all came out! Now you know that I have one of the strongest stomachs in the world and it takes a lot for me to throw-up, so I was feeling pretty sick, on top of the sickness I already had. I lay ed on the couch for maybe 10 minutes and then it was off to an appointment that was a 30-minute bike ride away. Kind of funny now but not really at the time, oh well. :) As for my birthday, we didn't really do anything to celebrate besides going to Baskin Robbins and getting a scoop of ice cream. We just kind of did it in passing in the middle of the day when we were open. But other than that, it was pretty much just like any other day.
Talk to you next week. I love you all! :)
Elder Page

No comments:

Blog Archive