13 PaGeS LoNg

WhErE tHe PaGeS oF tHiS bOoK nEvEr EnD



Saturday, October 26, 2013

A sweet letter from Abigail...

Hola familia,
So since today was such a rushed day, I did not get to finish my email to you guys, so as I said I m going to write y'all a letter and get it mailed off next p-day.
To get right to it, I didn't get to tell you guys why the mail was titled, "I never let go Jack.". It's cause for the past week, I was sympathizing with the members of the Titanic. Apparently right before I came, the hot water broke, so we haven't had any for showers and such. If we want hot water, we have to boil some, and then mix it with the cold water, and then put the (now) warmish water in the pots. Then bring the pots inside the shower and use a cup to pour that water on us if we want to rinse. It's quite the process! But sometimes, I get tired of using the dinky cup to rinse so I suit turn on the regular water...I literally forget how to breathe, it's so cold! Be grateful for your water in America! I didn't know how good I had it til I left...(we have been blessed once with hot water for about 15 mins! It was a a Christmas miracle)
Sorry this is the first "family" letter I have written to you guys...there is just letter ally no free time to do stuff like this! (Even less so out in the field)
So I can't remember if I did or not, did I tell you guys about out pets (Monsi, Bermudes, Diego, Samson) in the email? Well either way....I honestly think that sad dog/cat commercial (the one with the Sarah Maclaughlin song) was filmed in Chile. There are scraggly animals everywhere, and I wanna just hold/hug them so bad...but then I remember that they have tons of ticks and fleas...so I let them be. (Great now I am gonna have In the Arms of an Angel" stuck in my head all day)
Que mas...
Oh, public transportation! Did I talk about that in the email. Gosh, I don't remember. Oh well, I'll tell ya again I guess. Before my mission, the extent of my public transport life consisted of the school bus...here, we live off of them! I actually really like it! Even though they cram us in like cattle and drive like they're asleep, it is rather enjoyable! It's an adventure every time.
So to elaborate a little more about our baptism with Jaime, it was so neat :) he is so nice and happy all the time, and I really enjoy being around him! The ward loves him and welcomed him with open arms. So I'm not worried about inactivity or anything like that.
ADVICE to Tory: learn to play the hymns on the piano!!! If you get called foreign, not many people play piano, so we sing acapella almost every song...and it can get pretty rough sometimes, haha. So develope your musical skills for this! You will be grateful later!
ADVICE for the RM's of my family: something that I found in Preach my Gospel the other day I found interesting was the advice to continue to develope your language skills of your mission language AFTER your mission. The Lord called you to speak/learn that language for divine purposes more than for simply 1 1/2 - 2 years. If you keep working on it, He will use you to further His work for your whole life! :) I thought it was really cool!
Momma, could you look on Pinterest for flea remedies for us please! We would great appreciate any suggestions!
Other than that life is normal here. The only thing I'm struggling with is the language...I know I'm progressing and learning everyday, but I can't understand when people talk to me/ during lessons so I fell like I can't. Contribute much to lessons or conversations. It's hard cause I already love these people and I want to tell them, and there are so many things I want to tell them that I know will help them,but because the language I can't. Everyday is a roller coaster of feeling like I can do it, then going down deep in depressed-like discouragement where all I wanna do is cry, to okay okay, and so on and so forth. Sigh...I'm trying to trust completely in the spirit and Christ to be able to get through those rough moments. Some times are better than others...but I am trying. Advice for me?
Other than that, I love being a misionera por nuestro Salvador :)
I have to go none cause p-day is about over. Know I love y'all and pray for you guys everyday!
See you when I see you
Love always and always
Hermana Abigail Page

No comments:

Blog Archive